Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Diving Catch Tops This Stadium Club Stack

While I'm still missing a few Braves from 2016 Stadium Club, I'm off to a good start.


Love these Braves uniforms. This is the second card of Ender with the stars on the Braves script on the front of the jersey. The other is 2016 Gypsy Queen. Anyone seen any other cards with this uniform?

Speaking of Ender Inciarte, I hope he's in the team's long-term plans. He's been fun to watch in center field this season. I know the Braves suddenly have too many outfielders with Mallex Smith in the mix next year and the newly acquired Kemp. I also know the Braves are trying to extract as much value from every player, but please hold on to Ender!


Speaking of getting value, the Braves were able to unload Aybar on the Tigers, essentially in return for a catching prospect. This is fine with me as we get a first look at Dansby Swanson in Atlanta.


Nice angle on this card of the Mad Dog. 


Julio returned from the disabled list the other night for a tough assignment against the Nationals. He has a potentially better match-up against the Diamondbacks this week to get back on track.


Unique shot of Freeman here going after a foul ball. 


And the best of the bunch of course is not a Brave. It seems more and more likely that Mookie will get good consideration for the AL MVP. He and Altuve seem to be the front-runners.

The two best photos here are the horizontal shots. This tends to be the case for these sets in general, from what I've seen.

What is your favorite card from 2016 Stadium Club?

4 comments:

  1. Robin Yount's dirt bike card is pretty good. But I'd probably have to go with Jackie Robinson's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie's card is a great choice. Roberto Clemente and Randy Johnson are a few of my other favorites.

      Delete
  2. I love how two of the smaller in stature players in the AL are front runners for the MVP.
    FWIW, the Betts card is my favorite from this year's batch of Stadium Club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, doubt anyone could have predicted a few years ago that they would be leading the race for MVP.

      Delete