Friday, August 18, 2017

Found Some Platinum Packs

I got caught up in the Bowman Platinum hype and the Bellinger and Judge hype and tracked down a few packs at a local Wal-Mart. I have to say while I appreciate the photography of Stadium Club, I also like this design. In fact it's my favorite Platinum design to date.


Here are the best of the base cards and a Benintendi rookie. This is the 3rd Benintendi I've pulled and I was pleased to see one of the more desirable rookies come out of the first pack.


Both of these prospects were shipped to the White Sox as part of the trade for Jose Quintana. Jimenez was recently promoted to AA Birmingham and is rated as a top-10 prospect by MLB.com. Cease is the 65th rated prospect on MLB.com and is in single-A Kannapolis.


Here are the blue parallels I received. After reading up on Aiken, I'll be rooting for him to succeed with Cleveland. He's had an up and down season in single A it seems. Kyle Tucker is a top 10 prospect and has homered in back to back games for AA Corpus Christi. 


Alfaro is currently on the Phillies big league club and 6-16 early on, hitting a home run in his most recent game. Alfaro was acquired from the Rangers when they traded Cole Hamels. Weaver has pitched in five games for the Cardinals this year, starting two. He's currently in AAA Memphis and has pretty stellar minor league stats.

No Judge, no Bellinger, but I'm glad to settle for a Benintendi. Anyone need these prospects? Most everything from my recent pack breaks is up for grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment