Here's McGriff's view from our hotel room, looking over Central Park:
I definitely missed a lot of #WalletCard opportunities on this trip, but I was more focused on seeing the sights on our first trip to New York. Maybe next time the Crime Dog will get into more mischief.
After we arrived in New York, the amount of snow in the forecast jumped to the point that a blizzard was being called for. We added another night to our reservation and pushed our return flight back a day.
We didn't get blizzard conditions, more like 8 inches of snow. So we just enjoyed a longer trip.
Some of the highlights:
- Winning $100 on the Today Show by answering a trivia question about the Super Bowl.
- Seeing David Letterman twice (and meeting Rupert Gee)
- Going to two Broadway shows
- Playing in the snow in Central Park
- Seeing one of The Original Soup Man restaurants
We took a trip on the Staten Island Ferry and passed by the Statue of Liberty.
We went to the Top of the Rock and got some great pictures and views.
Here I am outside of Radio City Music Hall.
We wanted to go to a New York Rangers game but the schedule didn't work out for that.
We had an excellent trip and actually ended up lucking out as the weather allowed us to do way more than we would have otherwise!