Friday, August 11, 2017

My First Look at Stadium Club

By now you've seen most if not all of these cards on other blogs, but who doesn't like recaps of pack/box breaks? Here's what I pulled from my 12 card pack of 2017 Stadium Club. Plus two inserts I picked up off ebay.


Some of my favorite vertical shots from the pack. Look at all those Ks behind Johnson. Looks like he was havinga good night here. Saying Lester has been a great pickup for the Cubs would be an understatement. Hard not to cheer for the guy. And lastly a bat toss from the rival Phillies.


Another Cub with a cool shot of Kendricks walking to the dugout. 


And my favorite photo from the pack, and one of the more memorable cards from the set, I would think.


I opened a Chrome parallel of Astros rookie Gurriel. He's having a nice season batting .295 with 13 home runs and he just picked up July AL rookie of the month honors.


And one of the reasons for the Diamondbacks success this season. Wish the Braves had a consistent ace like Greinke. Maybe one of the prospects in the system will turn into one. Hard to believe Greinke is 33 years old.

For those who are interested, the full contents of the pack:

Randy Johnson 21
Michael Conforto 110
Jon Lester 120
Kyle Hendricks 123
Luis Severino 128
Kenta Maeda 164
Max Scherzer 214
Odubel Herrera 216
Martin Prado 276
Jon Gray 290
Yulieski Gurriel SCC-51
Zack Greinke SS-ZG



These two inserts were actually the first two 2017 Stadium Club cards added to my collection. Big fan of the Beam Team insert set over the years, and glad that the Braves are represented. 

The Red Sox are on an eight game winning streak and Betts is always a big contributor both at the plate and in the field.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I hadn't seen the Hendricks card yet and that's a great photo. So you helped me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. The Cubs are yours if you want them!

      Delete