Sunday, April 24, 2016

Opening Day Stack

Last month I posted a pack of Opening Day I opened that served as the start of the blogging year for me. After getting a taste of 2016 cards I had to add more from this set to cover my player and team collections.


These three fit into individual player collections. Machado has developed into a true star. I worry he will leave Baltimore and go another team. Seeing him in pinstripes for the Yankees would be a nightmare. Mookie continues to lead off the Red Sox lineup where I expect him to stay for years to come. Sano's bat is slowly coming around after a cold start. His average is up to .250.


Teheran is pitching well below the level from his 2014 All-Star season. Through four starts his ERA is 5.64. Not what you want from your number one starter. It is April and surely he will pitch better than he has thus far. The Braves could certainly use the help as they wait on the returns from recent trades. Freeman appears to be rounding the bases in this one. Neat card.


The blue parallels might be my favorite part of 2016 Opening Day. Was pleased to find the Mookie in particular. Also on this row is the first of the inserts. Alternate reality is not necessarily a better reality in the case of this insert set. To me none of the inserts are particularly exciting. But they are cheap cards of my favorite players, and I'm glad to add them to my collection.


Three more Alternate Reality inserts. Same guys as above. The Mookie is my favorite of this row. I guess the uniform colors mesh better with the colors on the rest of the card.


Here's the last of the inserts. Miguel Sano's power is coming back. He's hit two home runs in his last three games after hitting one in his first 15 games of 2016. The insert design is even worse than the ones above. Reminds me of a mid-2000s Upper Deck insert of some sort. 

The blue parallels are definitely the highlight of this release and I plan to pick up the remainder of the blue parallels that fit into my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment