Sunday, July 31, 2016

Talked About So Much, but Still Underrated

Stadium Club photography is talked about all over the blogosphere and it's now the identifying feature of a modern Stadium Club set. While it's widely discussed, the photography is far and away better than any other set that I still think it's underrated.

I just picked up my first cards from 2016 Stadium Club the other day, but I realized I hadn't even posted about a stack of 2015 Stadium Club I picked up last year! 


Will the Braves rotation ever get back to where it was in the mid-90s? Seems unlikely, but they are trying with all the young pitchers the team is accumulating.


For the second year in a row, Adam Jones has a memorable card in Stadium Club. In 2014 it was flags with Jones running onto the field.


The All-Star, MVP candidate, and first-round pick and 'captain' of my fantasy baseball team this year.


I love a good sliding shot. First one I can remember featuring Freeman, although it's possible there's another out there.


 Another young pitcher having a solid year for a first place team. Notice the tongue.


My second-round pick for my fantasy baseball team, and my favorite player in the game today. These horizontal shots are great.


Definitely missing this guy this season. Erick Aybar has been pretty painful to watch.


Another of the more memorable cards from this Stadium Club release, I'm sure. Best pitcher in the game.


He may not be an 'ace' on every team, but he's our ace and all-star. He's also one of only three starters listed on the active roster as of Friday when this post was written. Sad times for the Atlanta rotation.


Wish I had thought of this card for a July 4th post. Perfect way to end things in this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment