Monday, August 1, 2016

Adding to the Crime Dog Stack

I've posted McGriff cards from my collection previously showing him in non-Braves uniforms. While some of his best years statistically were in Atlanta, he only spent four full seasons and part of another with the Braves out of his major league career spanning 19 years. While I certainly appreciate the Crime Dog in a Braves uniform, I'm not going to limit my collection to those years. 


McGriff's first post-Atlanta stop was Tampa, where he played from 1998 to 2001 and then again in 2004. Definitely like the Devil Rays logo better than the current Rays. I guess a change was warranted after failing to win more than 70 games under the Devil Ray name. McGriff had his fifth and final all-star season in 2000.


Maybe my favorite card in this stack, McGriff spent the 2003 season with the Dodgers, playing in 86 games. He hit 13 home runs for the Dodgers, getting him within 10 home runs of 500 for his career. 

I missed out on the Bowman Heritage run. It looks like there are a few years of old Bowman that didn't get a modern set printed for them. Is this a brand that could be brought back?


Great design, great card. While he looks sharp in Dodger blue, can't beat a uniform with a tomahawk that didn't scan as well.


I recently learned that McGriff is in a front office role with the Braves as a special assistant to baseball operations. Maybe that will lead to a larger role with the organization as the team continues to build for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment