Friday, February 4, 2022

All-Star Autograph on NHL All-Star Weekend

Looking forward to the start of the Olympics this weekend, alongside the NHL Skills challenge tonight and the All-Star game Saturday afternoon. 

While I don't have autographs of current All-Stars in my small hockey card collection, I do have a few from one of favorite players from my childhood, John LeClair. It's been years now, but I sent an autograph request through the mail to the former Flyers left-winger.


A 5x All-Star, LeClair was a part of my favorite team from the 90s, forming a fearsome front line with Eric Lindros and Mikael Renberg. Back then my favorite way to enjoy the team was through playing NHL on the playstation, specifically NHL 97 and 99. I remember being excited because Lindros was on the cover. 

I'm definitely not anywhere close to fluent on hockey cards from that period, even though I know some followed suit with basketball. Cards from the Pacific brand weren't a thing in basketball though, so this design isn't a familiar one for me. This one reminds me of a Topps Gallery type design.

I've now shown off my only hockey cards that are pre-2016 that aren't Predators. Happy to have these autographs in my collection. Definitely fond memories of those Flyers teams, and firing in goal after goal with LeClair and Lindros on the playstation, often playing against my dad's Penguins.

Hope everyone enjoys the All-Star weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Private Stock design from Pacific! Those were fun to get back then with the one jersey card per pack. The Titanium versions were cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vaguely remember getting a few NFL cards at a card show from a Private Stock set that had one jersey per pack- was thrilled that the jersey cards were so affordable, being relatively new in the card world then.

      I'm going to end up having to pick up some cards from that NHL era eventually.

      Delete