Thursday, June 30, 2016

Teheran Stack

The Braves likely lone All-Star for 2016 should be Julio Teheran. While there have been bright spots and the team is playing better recently, Julio has been pitching so well that of course his name has been in the trade rumors. Unless the Braves get an offer that no one would refuse, I hope he remains with the Braves as part of the long-term core. He's been excellent to watch this season.


I've picked up the base Topps series 1 card along with the Gold and Rainbow Parallels. The Rainbow looks much better in person but you can kind of see colors on the top half of the card in the scan. 


While others seem to be ho-hum on Gypsy Queen, the base design is one of my favorites each year. Really like this Teheran which scanned very well. Some of the other Braves in this set are particularly sharp and there are some inserts of 90s greats as well which I will come back to in a later post.


On our way back from visiting my parents over the weekend I had an opportunity to stop by a local card shop that I've been to a handful of times over the years. They had some boxes with a variety of base and inserts. I found this new to me Teheran from 2014 Topps. Honestly anything 2014 and prior is probably new to me from before I got back into collecting so most of the time if I look through a random box of cards, I'm going to need some Braves. Teheran's first full MLB season with the Braves was a success in 2013 with a 3.20 era going 14-8 with a 3.2 WAR. Pretty strong debut.


Lastly, Teheran pitched a one hit shutout on June 19, Father's day, against the Mets. As soon as it happened I knew it would be a Topps Now card. When I saw it online in the special uniforms I decided to go ahead and get it, somewhat because I knew it would have a lower print run being Teheran. So here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment