Thursday, August 14, 2014

More Bobbles More Problems

After a move several months ago, I am still in the process of going through all the boxes in a seemingly never ending process. This week I uncovered a binder of baseball cards from my childhood, many of which are Orioles and Braves cards.  More on that binder for future posts, but for now I want to share a few of my favorite cards from my collecting in the 90s, 1998 Collector's Choice Bobbing Head cards.


The issue for me with these as well as Starting Lineup figures, bobbleheads, etc... do I punch them out and get fun out of them, or is keeping them intact the fun part?  Don't you want to know what's on the baseball quiz inside Cal's head?

Even Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory couldn't resist playing with his Star Trek transporter toy.


I opened the occasional Starting Lineup figure, but for the most part I kept them in original packaging, in the card frame, bobbleless.  I guess there's always this option: open one, get another non-bobbing copy.



Not sure if a more recent insert set exists, but it might attract the younger collector, who might face the same struggle I did as a kid. To bob, or not to bob.

1 comment:

  1. Loved that episode of the Big Bang Theory! I remember these cards and I never played with them either.

    ReplyDelete