Thursday, September 11, 2014

What a Wonderful Card

I was going through a stack of random Braves cards when I came across the following card of a former Braves minor leaguer.


Wonderful Terrific Monds III.  What a name.  Now some of you might be familiar with this minor leaguer who was drafted in the 50th round and played at all levels of the Braves minor league system between 1993 and 1997 before moving over to the Rockies minor league system, but he was new to me.  Wonderful is the son of former San Francisco 49er, Wonder Monds (Wonderful Jr.).  His grandfather was given the name when he was the first male born after a string of girls, which was  "wonderful, just terrific", per this baseball reference page.


It appears Monds has a number of cards between 1995 and 1997.  One of these is from the 1997 Fleer Ultra set, which I expect to collect a team set of Braves from.  Looks like I'll be adding at least one more Wonderful card to my collection in the future.

2 comments: